Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This is what I know

This is what I know...

As a little girl you always fantasize about the woman you will one day be. At the age of 24, although I no longer feel like a little girl, I still wonder about the woman I will become. For now, I can only speak to what I know and believe to be true.

I believe in three things whole heartily, laughter, love and dancing. Those who can find laughter are light hearted, people who can love will never be lonely and finally those who can allow themselves to dance know how to live in the moment.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about.

Music speaks to me and caters to my every mood.

If the sun is out, no matter what the temperature is outside, I love the windows down with the music turned up and will sing at the top of my lungs to my favorite songs.

In fact, anytime my favorite song is on, whether it is todays, yesterdays or a golden oldie, I will turn it up and sing at the top of my lungs.

I give my trust to everyone from the start and as long as you don’t give me a reason to take it away, you’ll have it forever.

I have never experienced the loss of someone extremely close to me and I am not sure if I am capable of handling it.

I don’t believe in the idea that people walk in and out of your life. I find that even if I don’t see them anymore, I don’t forget them and furthermore I am reminded throughout my life of the time we spent together and the memories we created.

I feel bad for people who say ‘holidays are created by hallmark’ as they clearly are missing the bigger picture. I cherish all holidays as it is a time for three things: One, to come together as a community and celebrate. Two, they are an excuse for a day off. And three, which is most important, it’s time you get to spend with those you love most. It’s truly what you make of it, so if it makes you feel better, don’t buy the damn card.

I find that children are the wisest individuals on earth. They live each day with their eyes wide open and enjoy the wonderment in every new experience. They are the most forgiving of the most dreadful acts. If we could all continue to live with our eyes wide and hearts open, we may be able to find peace.

Life is too short; don’t get hung up on the ‘what could have been’. The ‘I wishes’. And the ‘why me’s’.

If you hate your job, quit it.

I will never be the girl who goes in the water and comes out with great beach hair.

If you feel chubby, then you probably are. If you want to not be, then make a true effort to change it by shifting your eating habits and exercise correctly. Otherwise, stop agonizing over it, eat what you want and enjoy your body for its voluptuous curves.

Don’t judge, you’re not them and you couldn’t possibly know.

I am always up for the next adventure, big or small. In the words of Janice Joplin, “I am a culture vulture and I want to experience it all!”

Tone Loc, Bust a Move. He is my hero.

A man, who is good to his family, is easily, the sexiest thing to every woman, at any age!

Don’t brag, it’s not attractive. In fact, don’t talk too much either. When you do it leaves me no time to wonder and desire for more.

Memories make me smile; they are my treasures of all the time.

My loyalty of friendship is the most precious gift I can give you. I will always be there.

I work hard, can play in the dirt with the best of the boys and still get dolled up and walk the red carpet but I always rest on Sundays.

The sound of high heels on the pavement is one of my favorite sounds.

Few things compare to being on the snow covered slopes surrounded by nature with the fresh cold air on my face.

All I ever ask is for honesty. Honesty, no matter how much it hurts can be forgiven. A lie may make it easier in the beginning but once known can ruin something forever.

There are a few known souls that figured out what life is all about. Gandhi found it through religion, Helen Keller found it through writing and Bob Marley found it through music. In the words of the wise, love thy neighbor, together we can do much and everything is going to be alright.

Bear hugs say a thousand words.

Saying “I love you” is not saying “I want to marry you”.

I have noticed that when some people are about to give their opinion, they will start the sentence with “I am sorry but…” it’s their disclaimer as not to offend. When did we forget that we are allowed to have our own opinions and not everyone will agree with them? I don’t believe it is entirely their fault that they feel they need the disclaimer as it has come to my attention that people have become extremely sensitive.

I couldn’t be more at peace than when I am in a hammock.

When I decide to give you my heart, you get the whole darned thing.

I LOVE peanut butter but if it’s not on what I am about to eat, then I find it to be the foulest substance.

If I could have a superhero power it would be the gift of language. To be fluent in all languages of the world would really be something.

Disneyland truly is the most magical place on earth. Vegas is full of dirty secrets. Pullman is the greatest big kid camp of all time.

I live every moment to the fullest and never take my family, friends or health for granted.

Sunshine and homemade cookies are the best medicine

I wouldn’t be angry if every fifteen years we were forced to re-take the written drivers test. It’s a cluster fuck out there and NO ONE knows how to correctly merge.

I gag almost every time I brush my teeth. I have heard from many bystanders how to correct it. Here’s the fact, it is what it is.

Mothers don’t spoil your boys, it makes them adult babies. Fathers don’t neglect your girls, it makes them foolish lovers.

My Grandmother said as a little girl I never wanted to get off the swings. Well Grandma, at 24 I still don’t want to get off the swings. I love them!

I hope when this is all said and done I can leave with no regrets and be satisfied with the fact knowing I did my best, danced my heart out and lived every moment!

No comments: